Save valuable time with our do-it-yourself workshops. This workshop offers a fully prepared string of Liberating Structures to avoid confusion between teams and stakeholders about when something ships, and to avoid congratulating yourself too quickly on how "fast you are shipping".
People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
But for something that seems so obvious, people often have wildly different ideas about what "shipping fast" looks like in practice. A team may believe they're "shipping fast" because they're deploying every day to a test environment, but not actually to production. In other cases, teams may feel they're shipping fast because they've delivered a visual design, a test plan, and done some meetings. And what is "fast", actually? For some organizations, shipping something every month is already fast, for others, that would be extremely slow.
So it's always important to get clear on when you're actually "Shipping Fast", and when you're doing something that may look like it, but isn't. We designed this do-it-yourself workshop to start a conversation with your team, management, or stakeholders about "shipping fast", and what benefits it holds when it's done right.
With the instructions in this guide, you should be able to run this workshop smoothly. But if you need help, we can also facilitate this workshop with you remotely. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and pricing.
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed step-by-step 90-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- Impromptu Networking
- A variant of Appreciative Interviews
This string of Liberating Structures is feasible from 4 participants and onward.
What do you receive?
- A 12-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.