Download this workshop if you want to improve the collaboration between Scrum teams and management in your organization, and make it easier for Scrum teams to find support in management.
People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
It is next to impossible to succeed with Scrum if you don't have support from the managers that shape the environment that you work in with your team. At the same, we know that such support often lacks in many organizations.
We've found that this lack of support is more often a problem of communication than a problem of intent. Both managers and Scrum teams regularly don't have a good structure to periodically ask for, and give, support where it is needed.
We designed this do-it-yourself workshop to create such a structure. In only an hour, managers can get a good sense of where their support is needed. Although the approach may be a new experience for many managers, we've found that they are usually blown away by the richness of the communication. The design of this workshop also lends itself to do it frequently.
With the instructions in this guide, you should be able to run this workshop smoothly. But if you need help, we can also facilitate this workshop with you remotely. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and pricing.
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed tried-and-tested 60-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- 6x6 Writing
- User Experience Fishbowl
- 15% Solutions
We recommend a size somewhere of at least 8 participants - including managers who shape the environment of your Scrum team.
What do you receive?
- An 8-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
This blogpost based on a case by Scrum Master Linda van Sinten offers an incredible example of how "User Experience Fishbowl" can drive management support of Scrum teams;
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";