Whenever we use Liberating Structures in teams, organizations, or a public community, we also use a wide variety of supporting material. For example, illustrations and posters. An illustration can be a powerful instrument to help people learn. In the past years, we created many of them together with Thea Schukken. This illustration is a nice example.
How does this help your team?
Strategy Knotworking is a coherent set of Liberating Structures that aims to involve and engage everyone in developing and evolving sustainable strategies. Strategy Knotworking is an approach for shared sense-making and strategizing. It helps groups of any size build the skills they need to adapt to sudden change.
With Strategy Knotworking everyone is involved in...
- Making sense of their environment
- Identifying the most pressing challenges
- Establishing the baseline starting position
- Developing promising ideas for dealing with their challenges
- Defining the first steps for getting started
What do you receive?
A high-resolution poster ready for printing and sharing. Use the poster as supporting material for your own Strategy Knotworking workshop. This poster contains an explanation of Strategy Knotworking and includes examples of Liberating Structures to use for exploring the various parts of Strategy Knotworking.
You can find the Strategy Knotworking Worksheet here.
The digital download also contains separate files for each of the 6 parts of Strategy Knotworking. Especially when working with large groups, it can be useful to capture the outcome. Upload the files into your online whiteboard, or print them on a physical canvas yourself. A physical poster is not part of this order.
- A deck of Liberating Structures Design Cards - Extended Edition
- A deck of Liberating Structures Visual Design Cards
For more inspiration...
- An in-depth series on Strategy Knotworking by Keith McCandless
- Paper: Liberating Strategy - by Keith McCandless and Johannes Schartau
- Blog post: Strategy Knotworking - Turning Ideas And Ambitions Into Reality
- Try our DIY workshops that help teams use Liberating Structures
- Join our user group: The Liberators Network