Save valuable time with our do-it-yourself workshops. Each workshop contains a fully prepared string of Liberating Structures to help your team use Scrum more effectively. People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
We all understand the power of focus. But finding that focus, and holding onto it, is challenging. As we wrote in our book, one great way to absolutely destroy focus is to have a massive Product Backlog that spans hundreds, perhaps thousands, of items. Keeping it short requires many things to be in place, including a guiding purpose and a Product Owner with a mandate, and the ability to say "No" to potentially great ideas that don't fit the time and budget you have.
The purpose of this workshop is to help your Scrum team and its stakeholders to clean up the Product Backlog. The Product Backlog makes transparent all the work that needs to be done on the product to achieve a Product Goal. A huge Product Backlog decreases transparency because it is more difficult to see what's truly important. Also, a seemingly endless amount of work can be quite demotivating for Scrum Teams.
If you think that your Product Backlog is too large, give this do-it-yourself workshop a try and let us know how it went!
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed 5-step tried-and-tested 120-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- Celebrity Interview
- Impromptu Networking
This string of Liberating Structures is feasible from 8 participants and onward. We've successfully scaled it up to 100 participants (both virtually and in-person) without significant issues.
What do you receive?
- A 13-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";
- Explore our paper "10 Powerful Experiments to Overcome Zombie Scrum"
- Read our whitepaper where we explain the Scrum framework, and its principles and values, in our own words.