Save valuable time with our do-it-yourself workshops. Each workshop contains a fully prepared string of Liberating Structures to help your team use Scrum more effectively. People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
When organizations decide to work empirically (with Scrum), they don't always realize how much changes because of that. Developers need to be able to work much more closely with their stakeholders; actual users and customers. Scrum teams need a high degree of autonomy so they can rapidly respond to situations that are unfolding, without having to wait for permission from high up the hierarchy. And those are just a few of the many impediments in the environment of Scrum teams.
Without support from their environment, and from management, it will be exceedingly hard for Scrum teams to be effective. Managers often have the power and the means to change the environment and to take away those impediments. But if that support lacks, morale tends to decrease as teams discover they can't really do what Scrum teams do.
At the same time, we see that many Scrum teams limit their improvements to what happens within their team, and don't actively use formal and informal networks to leverage the support that is available in their environment. So we designed this do-it-yourself workshop to help your team do just that, and find much-needed support.
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed tried-and-tested 110-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- Positive Gossip
- Social Network Webbing
- And more
We recommend a size of at least 4 participants. You can also run this workshop in parallel with many Scrum Teams.
What do you receive?
- An 10-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We offer important backgrounds on how formal and informal networks can help you drive change, and find those who have the power to help your team.
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
- A social systems perspective on change;
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";
- Diagnose your team with the free Scrum Team Survey;