How do you break down a large item on your Product Backlog? How can you get a more valuable Sprint Goal? And how can you help people see what is right in front of them? Often, all you need is to ask the right question at the right time. That is why we spend a lot of time compiling a huge deck of Powerful Questions for you.
How does this help your team?
We know from experience that the best way to unleash teams is to ask questions instead of giving (your) solutions. The best teams we know invest heavily in learning the skills to ask the right questions at the right time and then work together to answer it.
For our book The Zombie Scrum Survival Guide, we compiled over 50 of our most favorite Powerful Questions into one huge deck. We worked hard to cover the six areas where teams struggle the most:
- Create better Sprint Goals & Sprint Backlogs;
- Break down Product Backlog Items;
- Discovery & Action Dialogue (creative thinking);
- Encourage double-loop learning;
- Keep the team focused during the Sprint;
- Help teams switch from a technical to a functional perspective;
How does it work?
Invite people in your team to randomly pick a question from a relevant category and answer it together. The possibilities are endless, really.
What do you receive?
- 54 cards with one Powerful Question each, organized visually into 6 categories;
- 2 cards that explain one way to use the cards, but we're sure you can come up with many more;
Our cards are printed on cardboard with rounded corners and are printed in full-color on both sides. The cards are 8.5x10.7 cm. We hope to liberate our planet from waste too, so our material is printed on 100% wood-free, recycled paper and inked with ecological paint.
Also for virtual teams!
You can also use this with your virtual team. In addition to the physical deck, you also receive a free digital download with detailed instructions (10 pages) for how to run this exercise virtually. This also includes all the cards as separate images (Jpg), ready for upload in your collaboration tool of choice.