Scrum impacts the entire organization. To unlock your Scrum team's superpowers, improvements are necessary within and especially around teams. We created "Panarchy for Scrum teams" to help you see the bigger picture, diagnose Scrum in your organization, and unleash its potential with Scrum.
How does this help my team?
The materials are based on our ongoing scientific investigation with the 'Scrum Team Survey'. By analyzing data from over 7.000 teams, we identified five core factors that distinguish effective from less effective Scrum teams. We also identified over 20 lower-order factors.
The Liberating Structure "Panarchy" is the most powerful way we know to collaboratively analyze the system in and around Scrum teams. With Panarchy, you help Scrum teams, stakeholders, and supporters understand how their system works and find leverage points for improvement.
Rather than doing this alone or with a small group, the complexity is exactly why you want to include as many perspectives as possible. This exercise helps your Scrum team(s), stakeholders, and their supporters to diagnose, inspect, and improve how to use Scrum more effectively.
What do you receive?
- 6 Ecocycle Planning cards. Each card contains one of the phases of Ecocycle Planning: renewal, birth, maturity, creative destruction, poverty trap, and the rigidity trap.
3 sets of cards with the core factors, 18 cards in total. The sets are focused on Scrum teams, supporters, and stakeholders.
- 3 sets of cards with the lower-order factors, 51 cards in total. The sets are focused on Scrum teams, supporters, and stakeholders.
- 5 Impediment cards. Impediments are problems the team can't resolve themselves. Use these 5 impediment cards to make visible where you're stuck and need support from others to improve the situation.
- Digital Poster: What Makes Scrum Teams Effective? This poster offers a nice, visual overview of the core findings from our scientific investigation into what makes Scrum teams effective.
- Digital Poster: Factors That Determine Scrum Team Effectiveness. This poster offers an overview of all the 20+ factors that determine a Scrum team's effectiveness.
- A facilitation guide. You receive a 16-page PDF that describes how to use Panarchy. It also includes some optional additional exercises that are part of the product kit "Unleash Scrum In Your Organization".
Also for virtual teams!
You can also use this with your virtual team. In addition to the physical deck, you also receive a free digital download with detailed instructions for how to run the exercises virtually. This also includes all the cards as separate images (Jpg), ready for upload in your collaboration tool of choice.
About the material
We hope to liberate our planet from waste too, so our material is printed on 100% wood-free, recycled paper, and inked with ecological paint.
- Learn about the scientific research into what makes Scrum teams effective that we performed together with Prof Daniel Russo. This research informed this kit, and we hope it will make your teams more effective.
- Read this article on the Liberating Structure "Panarchy"
- Panarchy is a Liberating Structure, created by Henri Lipmanowicz and Keith McCandless.