Save valuable time with our do-it-yourself workshops. Each workshop contains a fully prepared string of Liberating Structures to help your team use Scrum more effectively. People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
One of the pillars of our book the Zombie Scrum Survival Guide, and the Scrum framework itself, is "Ship It Fast". Shipping fast is important because it allows your team to learn what your stakeholders need and reduce the risks of creating the wrong things. While shipping fast doesn't guarantee success, it is your best survival strategy when faced with complex work.
But for something that seems so obvious, people often have wildly different ideas about what "shipping fast" looks like in practice. A team may believe they're "shipping fast" because they're deploying every day to a test environment, but not actually to production. In other cases, teams may feel they're shipping fast because they've delivered a visual design, a test plan, and done some meetings. And what is "fast", actually? For some organizations, shipping something every month is already fast, for others, that would be extremely slow.
So it's always important to get clear on when you're actually "Shipping Fast", and when you're doing something that may look like it, but isn't. We designed this do-it-yourself workshop to start a conversation with your team, management, or stakeholders about "shipping fast", and what benefits it holds when it's done right.
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed step-by-step 90-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- Impromptu Networking
- A variant of Appreciative Interviews
This string of Liberating Structures is feasible from 4 participants and onward.
What do you receive?
- A 12-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";
- Explore our paper "10 Powerful Experiments to Overcome Zombie Scrum"
- Read our whitepaper where we explain the Scrum framework, and its principles and values, in our own words.