Save valuable time with our do-it-yourself workshops. Each workshop contains a fully prepared string of Liberating Structures to help your team use Scrum more effectively. People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
From our research, we know that psychological safety is one of the most important contributors to successful teams. You can encourage psychological safety by inviting people to connect on a personal level, rather than just as professionals. Psychological safety is not about always agreeing with each other, or about giving compliments all the time. It is much more about encouraging people to speak up when they have worries, uncertainties, or doubts.
So what can you do to increase psychological safety? We've found this string of Liberating Structures to be very useful. In it, you ask people to remember the successes of their team - both large and small. When people have shared a personal story, everyone has the opportunity to share a personal challenge they would like to get help with, to make this team more successful.
You'll find that each structure is essentially about personal stories rather than abstract concepts. This already increases safety, trust, and offers a common ground to build on. It's up to each participant to decide how personal they want the stories to be.
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed 5-step tried-and-tested 90-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- Appreciative Interviews
- Troika Consulting
- 15% Solutions
This string of Liberating Structures is feasible from 4 participants and onward. We've successfully scaled it up to 100 participants (both virtually and in-person) without significant issues.
What do you receive?
- A 10-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";
- Explore our paper "10 Powerful Experiments to Overcome Zombie Scrum"
- Read our whitepaper where we explain the Scrum Framework, and its principles and values, in our own words.