Save valuable time with our do-it-yourself workshops. Each workshop contains a fully prepared string of Liberating Structures to help your team use Scrum more effectively. People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
Sometimes, you run into Product Backlog items that are both huge *and* very hard to break-down into smaller bits that are still valuable in their own right. Other times, some items are very large *and* very unclear.
In our work, we've consistently found that stakeholders - especially users - hold the key to refinement. When they have the opportunity to tell the story of how they would use a certain item, or what it means to them, everything tends to come into focus.
So we designed this string of Liberating Structures to leverage the perspective of your stakeholders. By bringing them in, you will find novel and creative ways to break-down and refine those tough and unclear items. Even better; it builds bonds between your Scrum team and its stakeholders, and makes the purpose of your product clear.
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed tried-and-tested 90-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- User Experience Fishbowl
- Impromptu Networking
- 15% Solutions
You can run this string with a single team, or in parallel with multiple teams. Stakeholders are a required ingredient, however!
What do you receive?
- An 11-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We explain the purpose of refinement, and how this string helps.
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";
- Explore our paper "10 Powerful Experiments to Overcome Zombie Scrum"
- Read our whitepaper where we explain the Scrum Framework, and its principles and values, in our own words;