Download this workshop if you're eager to work with your team to select metrics that help them grow, and in the right areas.
People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
The Scrum framework offers teams a great way to learn. Every iteration brings the potential for new ideas and improvements. This is what transparency, inspection, and adaptation are all about.
At the same time, the quality of your improvements depends on what you make transparent. We've been with many teams that focus exclusively on small optimizations but don't see the bigger picture (low-quality product, unhappy customers, low morale). We've also been with teams that were convinced they were already at the top of their game until we identified good metrics. There is always room to improve - but you need to discover where first.
The purpose of this do-it-yourself workshop is to select a minimal set of good metrics for your team, and to stay away from "vanity metrics".
With the instructions in this guide, you should be able to run this workshop smoothly. But if you need help, we can also facilitate this workshop with you remotely. Contact us at email@example.com for availability and pricing.
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed tried-and-tested 110/120-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- Shift & Share
- 15% Solutions
- And more
We recommend a size somewhere between 4 and 16 participants. You can also run this workshop in parallel with many Scrum Teams.
What do you receive?
- An 12-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We offer important backgrounds on how to select the right metrics, and how to get rid of ineffective ones (which many teams track, unfortunately)
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
- The workshop includes a deck of 26 Metric Cards and an example Canvas that you can use.
- Don't Measure The Cooks And The Pizza's
- Agile Teams; Don't use happiness metrics, measure Team Morale;
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";
- Diagnose your team with the free Scrum Team Survey;