Test your team's knowledge of the Scrum Framework with this deck of 39 'Scrum Mythbusters'-cards. Each card contains a statement about the Scrum Framework that is either true or false - inspired by our ongoing blog series of 'Scrum Mythbusters'.
How does this help your team?
It's one thing to understand the mechanics of the Scrum Framework. It's another to develop a deep understanding of how these mechanic work and what principles and values drive them. Do Scrum Teams commit to the Sprint Backlog or Sprint Goal? What may seem like a trivial difference a first, is actually a fundamental insight into how we can navigate complex work effectively.
We developed "Scrum Mythbusters" to create transparency around the purpose, the principles, and values of the Scrum Framework. When your team struggles with most of the statements, you can inspect by refreshing the purpose of the Scrum Framework together. You may also discover that the way your team uses Scrum is not as light-weight as it could be.
We created this exercise for the Professional Scrum Master II Class by Scrum.org and offer it here with their permission. The class is a great way to learn more about the roles and their responsibilities. If you haven't attended this class, make sure to do so!
How does it work?
Read a statement from a randomly picked card. Then ask your team to discuss whether they think this is a myth or a fact, and why. You can use a Liberating Structure like 1-2-4-ALL to engage everyone. Then, discuss the answer and reasoning. This is a good opportunity to also check the Scrum Guide. And who knows, maybe you discover that your team has several misconceptions about Scrum too (and usually, taking those away makes things easier and more effective).
What do you receive?
- 39 cards with statements
- 4 red cards with 'Myth'
- 4 green cards with 'Fact'
- 7 optional replacement cards to account for key changes in the Scrum Guide 2020
- 3 empty cards to include your own statements
- 1 card with a description of the 'Scrum Mythbusters'-game
- The right answer is underlined in a subtle way. However, the conversation remains more important than the actual answer. If you want to learn more about the topics, check our on-going series of Scrum Mythbusters and the Scrum Guide to help you in the right direction.
- The cards are 15x10.7 cm.
What versions do you have for me?
- The regular version is printed on strong, coated cardboard with rounded corners and are printed full-color on both sides.
- The planet-friendly version is printed on 100% wood-free cardboard and inked with ecological paint. While the price is slightly higher because of significantly higher production costs, you contribute to a more sustainable environment.
- A free digital sample of 10 Scrum Mythbusters statements is available here.
Also for virtual teams!
You can also use this with your virtual team. In addition to the physical deck, you also receive a free digital download with detailed instructions (8 pages) for how to run this exercise virtually. This also includes all the cards as separate images (Jpg), ready for upload in your collaboration tool of choice.
- Check out or on-going series of posts for Scrum Mythbusters.
- Blog post "20 Ideas for using the new Scrum Mythbusters card deck in your organization"
- Read our whitepaper where we explain the Scrum Framework, and its principles and values, in our own words.