Save valuable time with our do-it-yourself workshops. Each workshop contains a fully prepared string of Liberating Structures to help your team use Scrum more effectively. People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
How is your Scrum team investing in its ability to work empirically? To work closely with stakeholders? To release faster? To increase the autonomy of the team and reduce their dependency on others? And to persistently find the time to improve in all these areas?
In our book the Zombie Scrum Survival Guide we identify four areas that matter most to Professional Scrum:
- Build What Stakeholders Need;
- Ship It Fast;
- Improve Continuously;
- Self-organize Around Impediments;
How is your team investing in the activities that make this possible? We created this exercise to help your team create transparency around how they are investing their time, and where improvements can be made.
The exercise is built on the powerful Liberating Structure Ecocycle Planning. With this structure, you engage everyone in and around your team to create transparency around the activities that prevent Zombie Scrum. For example: "We celebrate our successes, both large and small", "We decide what is on the Product Backlog and in what order, without requiring approval from people outside the team" and "We improve our tools and technologies to make it easier to ship faster and safer".
This do-it-yourself workshop uses examples from the card deck Ecocycle Planning for Scrum Teams, which is available in our webshop. Of course, it's also possible to create your own cards with activities.
Give it a try and let us know how it went!
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed tried-and-tested 120-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual gatherings in mind and includes:
- Ecocycle Planning
- Impromptu Networking
- 15% Solutions
The string is optimized for groups of any size beyond 8+ participants.
What do you receive?
- A 13-page full-color PDF.
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";
- Explore our paper "10 Powerful Experiments to Overcome Zombie Scrum"
- Read our whitepaper where we explain the Scrum Framework, and its principles and values, in our own words.
- Try the Scrum Team Survey, it offers an online alternative to diagnose your team;
- Read our blog post: Create Focus With Ecocycle Planning;