Whenever we use Liberating Structures in teams, organizations, or a public community, we also use a wide variety of supporting material. For example, illustrations and posters. An illustration can be a powerful instrument to help people learn. In the past years, we created many of them together with Thea Schukken. This illustration is a nice example.
How does this help your team?
The Liberating Structure "Agreement-Certainty matrix" exists to help groups sort the challenges they face based on their complexity. This allows them to reflect on whether or not their approaches are suited to the kinds of challenges they face.
This structure was inspired by work done by Ralph Stacey and Brenda Zimmerman, with whom the creators of Liberating Structures — Henri Lipmanowicz and Keith McCandless — collaborated during their work for the Plexus Institute. We wrote this extensive post about their work and related work by Dave Snowden.
We've found it very helpful to use this illustration for Liberating Structures workshops, and community gatherings.
What do you receive?
A high-resolution poster ready for printing and sharing.
- A deck of Liberating Structures Design Cards - Extended Edition
- A deck of Liberating Structures Visual Design Cards
For more inspiration...
- Check our series of posts on the individual Liberating Structures
- Try our DIY workshops that help teams use Liberating Structures
- Join our user group: The Liberators Network