Save valuable time with our do-it-yourself workshops. Each workshop contains a fully prepared string of Liberating Structures to help your team use Scrum more effectively. People who support our mission through patreon.com can download all digital content for free. This benefit starts from $5 USD/month.
How does this help your team?
If a team or organization decides to work empirically with Scrum, they will inevitably run into impediments. An "impediment" is any problem that blocks the Developers of a Scrum team from achieving the Sprint Goal and is outside their control or ability to resolve on their own.
So it's only natural that people and teams will frequently need help with those impediments. But asking for help, and giving it effectively, isn't easy. It takes skill to both clearly explain what the challenge is, and for others to understand the challenge and then offer useful recommendations.
We designed this workshop specifically to help your team, and those around them, develop the essential skills of asking for and giving, help. It's a great way to build a learning organization, and to learn how to collaborate with others.
How does it work?
The PDF outlines a detailed tried-and-tested 90-minute workshop that relies on Liberating Structures to engage and unleash your team. The string is designed with virtual teams in mind and includes:
- Mad Tea
- Helping Heuristics
- What, So What, Now What
We recommend a size somewhere of at least 4 participants.
What do you receive?
- A 12-page full-color guide (PDF).
- We explain how unhelpful patterns of asking for help and giving it, don't build a learning culture.
- We take you through the flow of the string in great detail. Not only do we explain all the steps involved, but we also explain why they are happening. This should make it easier to design your own strings in the future.
- The instructions support all virtual collaboration tools where you can create breakouts or separate channels occasionally (such as Zoom, GotoWebinar, and Teams). You can set up an additional virtual whiteboard in a tool like Mural, Google Slides, or Miro if you prefer.
- The PDF outlines additional resources and useful reading, both to prepare and to distribute afterward.
- Never done Ecocycle Planning before? We recommend you do before you try Panarchy, and this do-it-yourself workshop is a great help.
- Get a physical copy of our Ecocycle Planning for Scrum Teams, which includes helpful supporting materials for both Ecocycle Planning and Panarchy.
- Get our book the "Zombie Scrum Survival Guide";