Note: due to popular demand, our kits are currently sold out. We will have new ones by September 22. You can still order, but the wait time may be a bit longer.
A good start really is half the work. Start your Scrum Team right with our Starter Kit. It contains a slew of exercises and materials to start creating transparency around challenges right away. Once you unmask the tough impediments that your team faces, you can start overcoming them together.
How does this help my team?
In our work with hundreds of Scrum Masters and Scrum Teams, we discovered that teams often dodge the real impediments. Why can't we create a Done increment every Sprint, really? Why doesn't our Product Owner have a budget mandate? Why is an external coach telling us what our team should look like?
We didn't create this kit to have fun. Scrum is often hard work. This selection of exercises helps you do that work. And start those difficult conversations. Each exercise is designed to create transparency around impediments, to make sense of what that means, and to identify improvements - together.
What do you receive?
- 1 Definition of Done Exercise to explore what happens when your team is unable to deliver a "Done" increment every Sprint.
- 1 Scrum Events & Activities to clarify the purpose of the Scrum events.
- 1 deck of Scrum Mythbusters to clear up misconceptions about the Scrum Framework, which often ends up making the work easier and smoother.
- 1 deck of 40 Seconds of Scrum to playfully explore concepts related to Scrum and Agile Software Development, and your team's understanding of them.
- 1 Management in Scrum Exercise to create transparency around who manages what in Scrum, and where differences in your team or organization cause impediments.
- 1 deck of Liberating Structures Design Cards to design engaging and interactive gatherings to address and overcome the challenges you identify together.
- Some assorted extras, like a journal, buttons, or stickers. Who knows :)
- If you select "Plus Kit with Scrum Framework Poster" you also receive the Scrum Framework Poster on a high-quality fabric.
- Not included are the right answers for the various exercises. The conversation really is more important than the actual answers. If you're unsure, the resources below are super helpful. And you can always ask us for support.
Detailed information about each exercise or game is available behind the links.
- The Scrum Guide is a great starting point to answer any question about Scrum.
- Our on-going series of Scrum Mythbusters is a great start to bust common misunderstandings about Scrum.
- Read our whitepaper where we explain the Scrum Framework, and its principles and values, in our own words.