A good start really is half the work. Start your Scrum Team right with our Starter Kit. It contains a slew of exercises and materials to start creating transparency around challenges right away. Once you unmask the tough impediments that your team faces, you can start overcoming them together.
How does this help my team?
In our work with hundreds of Scrum Masters and Scrum Teams, we discovered that teams often dodge the real impediments. Why can't we create a Done increment every Sprint, really? Why doesn't our Product Owner have a budget mandate? Why is an external coach telling us what our team should look like?
We didn't create this kit to have fun. Scrum is often hard work. This selection of exercises helps you do that work. And start those difficult conversations. Each exercise is designed to create transparency around impediments, to make sense of what that means, and to identify improvements - together.
What do you receive?
- Where relevant, exercises come with optional replacement cards to account for key changes in the Scrum Guide 2020
- 1 Definition of Done Exercise to explore what happens when your team is unable to deliver a "Done" increment every Sprint.
- 1 Scrum Events & Activities to clarify the purpose of the Scrum events.
- 1 deck of Scrum Mythbusters to clear up misconceptions about the Scrum Framework, which often ends up making the work easier and smoother.
- 1 deck of 40 Seconds of Scrum to playfully explore concepts related to Scrum and Agile Software Development, and your team's understanding of them.
- 1 Management in Scrum Exercise to create transparency around who manages what in Scrum, and where differences in your team or organization cause impediments.
- 1 deck of Liberating Structures Design Cards to design engaging and interactive gatherings to address and overcome the challenges you identify together.
- Some assorted extras, like a journal, buttons, or stickers. Who knows :)
- We hope to liberate our planet from waste too, so our material is printed on 100% wood-free, recycled paper, and inked with ecological paint.
- Not included are the right answers for the various exercises. The conversation really is more important than the actual answers. If you're unsure, the resources below are super helpful. And you can always ask us for support.
Detailed information about each exercise or game is available behind the links.
Also for virtual teams!
You can also use this with your virtual team. In addition to the physical deck, you also receive a free digital download with detailed instructions (11 pages) for how to run this exercise virtually. This also includes all the cards as separate images (Jpg), ready for upload in your collaboration tool of choice. The digital-only version offers all material digitally (makes sense, right?), except the Liberating Structures card deck. Our recommendation is to download the app "LISA", which is specifically developed for virtual usage!
What versions do you have for me?
- The regular version is printed on strong, coated cardboard with rounded corners and are printed full-color on both sides.
- The planet-friendly version is printed on 100% wood-free cardboard and inked with ecological paint. While the price is slightly higher because of significantly higher production costs, you contribute to a more sustainable environment.
- If you want, you can also include a discounted copy of our book, the Zombie Scrum Survival Guide, with your kit.
- The Scrum Guide is a great starting point to answer any question about Scrum.
- Our on-going series of Scrum Mythbusters is a great start to bust common misunderstandings about Scrum.
- Read our whitepaper where we explain the Scrum Framework, and its principles and values, in our own words.